This recipe combines protein powder with almond and oat flour to make cinnamon coffee cake muffins that you’ll never know are gluten free. They’re topped with a walnut oat streusel and sugar free glaze. And each muffin has 8 grams of protein with just 120 calories each!
|Total Calories: 120
||Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 1/4 c (30g) Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tbsp (10g) Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp (24g) Swerve Brown (or brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp (28g) Light Butter
- 1/4 c (36g) Swerve Confectioners (or powdered sugar)
- 3-4 tsp Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place 9 silicone baking cups on a baking sheet or spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients for the muffins together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and apple sauce together before adding to the dry ingredients. Stir the muffin batter until smooth.
- 3. Fill each baking cup 3/4 full with the muffin batter. Set aside.
- 4. Add the butter, walnuts, oats, and Swerve brown to another bowl and stir together before adding to the top of each baking cup.
- 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack too cool.
- 6. For the glaze, mix the Swerve confectioners and water together and drizzle over the top of the cooled muffins.
Recipe by @mason_woodruff