This simple 5-ingredient protein brownie brittle recipe makes crispy, crunchy brownie bark that’s coated in a dark chocolate drizzle.
|Total Calories: 135
||Serving Size: 1/8 Recipe
- Preheat oven to 163C and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Mix the protein powder and brownie mix together in a large bowl.
- Whisk an egg and add to the dry ingredients. Stir until you can no longer see any egg.
- Microwave 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in a small bowl for 30-40 seconds to melt. Add the butter and stir until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the mixture and stir to form the final brownie brittle batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking sheet and use a rubber spatula to spread the batter into a large rectangle, about 12"x8". The batter should be semi-sticky. You can spray the spatula with a bit of nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking as you spread.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are super crispy. The brownie brittle will continue to dry/crisp once its out of the oven. You shouldn't smell any burning. Let the brownie brittle fully cool (to the touch) before using a knife or your hands to break it into pieces.
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the top of the brittle. Let the chocolate set. Store leftover brittle in an airtight container at room temp.
Recipe by @mason_woodruff