Who doesn't love the sweet smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls in the morning? Make your favorite cinnamon rolls, but pack it with protein to ensure you are hitting your protein intake for the day!
|Total Calories: 190
||Serving Size: 1 Cinnamon Roll
- 2/3 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 packet Active Fast-Rice Yeast
- 200g All-Purpose Flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 3 scoops PEScience Cake Pop Select Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Light Butter
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sweetener of Choice
Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing:
- 6 oz. Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- 8 g (1/4 scoop) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Almond or Cashew Milk
- 2 tsp Sweetener of Choice
In a large mixing bowl, add warm water (bath water temperature- around 38-43 degrees C. This is important because it will effect the rising capability of the yeast)
- Stir in 1 tbsp sugar and the fast rising yeast packet until dissolved. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Slowly pour in 200g all-purpose flour and stir as you go. Repeat with the protein powder after the flour is added. Keep track of how much flour you are adding until you get the dough in its final form. Continue to slowly add in flour until dough is completely formed. You'll want it just slightly sticky.
- Sprinkle extra flour on a surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a separate greased bowl and cover with towel. Let it sit in a warm place for up to an hour. During the time, the dough should rise and double up in size. (TIP: you can always microwave a bowl of water until boiling and leave in microwave with the bowl of dough to create an enclosed space for the dough to rise.)
- After the dough has risen. roll out again on a floured surface. Flatten into a rectangular shape.
- Melt the butter and spread on top of the dough. Add the cinnamon and sweetener. You will want to add more than you think is necessary and a lot of it will absorb into the dough.
- Starting at one end, roll up the dough. Using a serrated knife, cut the dough every 1.5 inches or so. Place in a greased round or square pan.
- Preheat the oven to 177 degrees C. Let dough rise some more in the pan while the oven preheats.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Check frequently towards the end. You will want the dough to be soft, but still cooked throughout.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, cream the cream cheese using a hand mixer. Add in the vanilla, sweetener, protein powder, and milk. Mix until combined.
- When rolls are done, let cool. Then apply icing and enjoy!
Created by @laurenfitfoodie