Who doesn't love donuts - let alone filled with protein and still taste delicious! They’re a great way to make a healthy dessert, breakfast, or snack more filling!
|Total Calories: 255
||Serving Size: 1 donut
- ¼ cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 scoop PEScience Chocolate Cupcake Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Truvia or Granulated Sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Confectioner’s Erythritol or Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Sprinkles
Start by letting your cold ingredients come to room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
Preheat the oven to 177 degrees C and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray (this recipe utilized 3” mold)
In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, protein, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Add in the dry ingredients and stir just until the batter comes together.
Transfer the batter to a piping bag and fill 4 donut molds. Bake the donuts for 11-13 minutes.
Whisk together the glaze ingredients starting with 1 tablespoon of milk and adding more until you have reached your desired consistency. Dip each donut in the glaze and top with sprinkles.