Like bananas and cake? Then this is a must-try recipe for you. This is exactly the definition of having your cake and eating it too!
|Total Calories: 125
||Serving Size: 1 slice
- 1c (80g) Quick Oats
- 1/2c (56g) Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 scoops (93g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 3 Large (300g) Bananas, peeled
- 1/2 c (113g) Vanilla Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 3/8c (84g) Light Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp (32g) Honey
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz Fat-Free Cream Cheese, room temp or softened
- 3/4c (108g) Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat an oven to 177 degrees C and spray an 8x8 glass dish with nonstick cooking spray. Or if you'd like an easy way to remove the cake after its baked, cut a strip of parchment paper the width of the dish with "handles" on each side to lift the baked cake.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Peel the bananas and add to the dry ingredients. Use a masher, fork, whisk, or the edge of a rubber spatula to mash the bananas before gradually adding the Greek Yogurt, butter, eggs, and honey. The batter should be thick but pourable, and its fine to have some tiny chunks of banana remaining.
- Add the cake batter to the prepared baking dish, making sure to level the surface as much as possible.
- Bake the banana bread cake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes in the baking dish before transferring to a cooling rack or countertop. (If you're not using parchment paper, you may need to wait a bit longer to handle the baking dish).
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, mix the cream cheese and confectioners sugar together in a large bowl. Frost the cake to its edges before serving in 16 2x2 squares.
Created by @mason_woodruff