With this High-Protein Cinnamon Sugar Cake, you can have cake for breakfast and not even feel guilty about it! It’s a tasty, high-protein treat that will make you excited to get out of bed in the morning.
|Total Calories: 75
||Serving Size: 1/8 of Cake
- 1 scoop (32g) PEScience Snickerdoodle Select Protein Powder (can also use Gourmet Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup (28g) Coconut Flour
- 1/2 package (14g) Sugar-Free Butterscotch Jello Pudding Mix
- 1/4 cup Granulated Zero-Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup (122g) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 + 1/4 cup (305g) Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp (30g) Canned Pumpkin - OR can sub for another 30g of applesauce
- 1 tsp Butter Extract
- Preheat oven to 177 degrees C.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate larger bowl, add the egg and egg whites. Use a hand mixer to combine. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue mixing until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Line a 9x9 dish with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour batter into the dish, and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and enjoy!
Recipe by @laurenfitfoodie