Donuts are a delicious indulgence, so why not make them using protein powder and other wholesome ingredients to create a pro-nut that you can FEEL GOOD about eating? These donuts are healthier than traditional donuts, yet they taste just as sweet and satisfying!
|Total Calories: 135
||Serving Size: 1 Donut
- 1 cup Flour of Choice (All-Purpose Gluten Free is used)
- 2 scoops PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 scoop Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp - 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Strawberry
- Pre-heat oven to 177 degrees C and prepare a donut pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all dry donut ingredients together and set a side.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil and almond milk together then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Place dough into a piping bag or Ziploc bag and cut off the corner.
- Pipe dough evenly into 6 donut molds.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
Place the strawberry and almond milk into a blender and blend on high until almost smooth. Add the protein powder and continue blending.
*You may need to add more or less of the protein or almond milk to reach an icing consistency.
Recipe by Ciarra Siller