- 1/4 tsp Sugar mixed into 1/2 cup warm water (approximately 38°C)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Dry Active Yeast
- 260g All Purpose Flour
- 120g PEScience Multi-Purpose Select Protein
- 2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- Another 1/2 to 3/4 cup Warm Water
- Dissolve sugar into warm water, then add yeast. Gently stir and set aside to let it bloom. You will know it bloomed because it will expand and get foamy.
- Meanwhile mix flour, protein baking mix and salt. Once yeast has bloomed add it to the flour mixture. Then add remaining water a little at a time until you have a sticky dough. Be sure to really stir it well with a wooden spoon before you add more water. You want a little sticky but not runny. This is a no knead dough so you won’t need to handle it.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 3-4 hours. (Pro tip: set it on a heating pad with a towel in between.)
- About 1 hr before baking, heat the oven to 232C. Once it’s to temperature, place your Dutch oven in the oven with the lid on for 30 min.
- During this time transfer dough to a floured piece of parchment paper. As long as you didn’t add too much water you should be able to use a spatula to form the dough in a ball.
- Toss a little flour over dough and cover with a kitchen towel while Dutch oven preheats.
- After 30 min carefully remove Dutch oven and place parchment paper and dough into the pot. If there is still a lot of flour on the bread you can spritz it with water.
- Cut a couple slices in the top of the dough will help it rise.
- Place the lid back on Dutch oven and place it back in the oven.
- Bake for 25 min.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Wait to slice the bread until it cools (it’s still cooking inside) about 1 hr.
- Slice into 18 slices
Created by @sweetandspicymacros