This high-protein Strawberry Angel Food Cake is super moist, soft, and oh-so airy loaded with protein! Make the perfect dessert by adding your favorite toppings to this cloud-like cake.
|Total Calories: 85
||Serving Size: 1/8 cake
Protein Angel Food Cake:
- 7 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tsp Stevia (or other sweetener of choice), to taste
- 1/2 scoop (15g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein Powder
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz (224g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (112g) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 package (14g) Jello Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 1 tbsp Zero-Calorie Sweetener
- 2 tbsp (30g) Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 180g Strawberries, sliced
- Confectioner's Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 157 degrees C. Spray any can pan with cooking spray. I used a springform pan.
- Crack eggs and discard or save egg yolks for later use. Place the egg whites in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, stevia, and cream of tartar to egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until firm peaks form (I did about 5 minutes on high speed).
- Using a spatula, fold in the protein powder carefully as to not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Place the batter in the cake pan and cook for 15-20 minutes or until top of the cake starts to become golden brown. When done, let cool. Then place in fridge.
To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sweetener, jello pudding mix, yogurt, and almond milk. Mix with a hand mixer until all is combined. Keep stored in fridge until cake is chilled and is ready to frost.
Assemble the Cake:
- Place cake carefully on the surface you plan to serve it. It has the potential to stick to the plan (the springform pan helps with this), but it is still- easier to go ahead and set it up this way!
- Using a spatula, carefully frost cake.
- Top with fresh strawberries and confectioner's sugar if desired. Slice, and enjoy!
Recipe by @laurenfitfoodie